Light seafood stir-fry? Yes, please! Even better, this meal can be made in one pot like our CookServ Stir-Fry Pan.
This recipe is a part of Nambé’s Recipe Roundtable. We send out Recipe Roundtable emails featuring delicious recipes developed with you in mind by some wonderful food bloggers.
Stir-Fried Red Curry Noodles with Shrimp
Serves 6 | Recipe and Photos by Nam from The Culinary Chronicles
½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons red curry paste
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
½ tablespoon Sambal chili paste, more to taste
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
½ teaspoon black pepper
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
½ small white onion, sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger
¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced
2 cups chopped Chinese broccoli
1½ pounds fresh wide rice noodles (if using dried noodles, boil according to package instructions)
1 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
1½ cups chopped fresh Thai basil leaves
1 lime, sliced into wedges
1. In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce. Set aside.
2. Season the shrimp with the black pepper and kosher salt. Set aside.
3. Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat and add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds before adding the garlic, ginger, and red chili flakes. Stir-fry for an additional 30 seconds and then push the ingredients to the sides of the wok/skillet.
4. Add the remaining oil in the center of the wok/skillet and add the mushrooms in the middle. Stir-fry the mushrooms for 1-2 minutes until they start to become tender. Add the bell pepper, broccoli, and cook for an additional minute. Mix all the ingredients together.
5. Push all the ingredients to the side of the wok/skillet and add the shrimp in the middle. Cook the shrimp until they begin to turn pink and then add in the noodles. Pour half of the sauce over the ingredients. Toss and stir the items around the wok/skillet for 1-2 minutes. Add more sauce as needed to coat the items well.
6. Remove the wok/skillet from the heat and toss in the cilantro and basil leaves. Taste the noodles and add fish sauce as needed.
7. Plate the noodles with lime wedges on the side. Serve immediately.